We Believe in the Power of Our People to Impact Our Community
Join our growing team of professionals dedicated to helping customers throughout the Mid-South bring beauty and comfort to their homes.
Our mission is to provide the best value and selection in home furnishings to our community and its surroundings.
We’ll provide the highest level of service to our customers, at all levels of operation, to help achieve the home environment they desire.
While always focusing on our customers, we will provide an environment for our employees that is supportive and provides an opportunity for them to achieve their own personal goals.
Career Path to Success
No matter which position or department you apply for, we search for innovative thinkers who would like to grow with our business and the economy around us.
Our team members use their creativity and talent to discover new solutions, meet new demands, and offer the most effective services/products in the industry. We believe with active involvement, creativity, and support, team members of The Great American Home Store will continue to achieve their goals.
It is very important for us to build a lifelong relationship with our customers and provide the highest level of customer service. We believe in serving our customers with integrity and a firm knowledge of the furniture industry.
Administrative Careers Fueling Growth
- Collaborative Teams
- Ongoing Training
- Development Opportunities
Be a part of our growing administration teams in Accounting, Marketing and Advertising, and Human Resources. Each department is operated in-house at one of our on-site locations. We value great leaders passionate about succeeding duties for all locations and employees.
Enjoy accomplishing your goals in a friendly environment where you will have many opportunities to grow and expand your horizons.
Operations Career Excellence Every Time
- Industry-Leading Completion Rates
- Teamwork-Oriented Processes
Our delivery teams operate out of our two on-site warehouses. Working in concert with our warehouse management team, our inventory management, and fulfillment operations are among the best in the industry.
We have built our entire operation around the mission of ensuring that we deliver on our promises.
Retail Career Unlike Any Other
- Equal Opportunity
- Commitment to Diversity
- Safe Work Environment
The Great American Home Store provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, or service in the military.
We are committed to creating and maintaining a workplace in which all employees have an opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business and are valued for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in our company and the way we do business at The Great American Home Store.
The safety of our employees and visitors is the most important aspect of running our business. All employees have the opportunity and responsibility to contribute to a safe work environment to ensure maximum safety for all.
The Great American Home Store has quickly become the Mid-South’s top local home furnishings destination since it opened its doors in 2004.
Started as a concept store by Vick Etheridge and Ron Becker, the stores have grown from one location in Southaven, MS, to a second flagship location in Memphis, TN with three mattress and outlet locations in the area.
Our sense of place and responsibility in the community is at the core of who we are.
Community Involvement The Greatest Blessing
Here are just a few of the charities and organizations we have partnered with.
- Make-A-Wish Midsouth
- Midsouth Food Bank
- Dogs 2nd Chance
- Concord Academy
We support a wide array of local organizations and charities while always looking for opportunities to give back and support our community.
We strive daily to create a win-win combination of the right environment for the right people so our customers can achieve the home environment they desire.
In return, we have been nominated and voted for in our local magazines/new articles such as Memphis Most, Desoto's Best, and Best of Memphis.
Press and News
- November 2020 Great American Home Store increases e-commerce by 1,200% — Furniture Today Ramping up its e-commerce presence during the pandemic helped the Great American Home Store, a five-store chain, to increase online sales by 1,200%.
- September 2020 GAHS Puts All The Retail Pieces Together — Furniture World Magazine After a rocky start with its online sales platform, GAHS achieved growth in eCommerce sales of 1200 percent during the pandemic.
- September 2020 People Issue 2020: Rising Stars — Furniture Today Staff Becker joined the retailer, founded and run by his father Ron Becker after he graduated from the University of Tennessee and spent two years there as marketing and operations project manager.
- September 2020 Mid-Southerners help WMC raise money to provide SCS students with headsets — WMC5 During the first week of virtual class for Shelby County Schools, Mid-Southerners showed how committed they are to quality education for all children.
- October 2019 The Great American Home Store Nurtures Online Shoppers, Drives More In-Store Sales — PERQ After a rocky start with its online sales platform, GAHS achieved growth in eCommerce sales of 1200 percent during the pandemic.
- April 2019 Manage Your Digital Marketing Better — PERQ Consumers’ insatiable appetite for instant information and on-demand access to expert advice requires companies to constantly evaluate how well each of their digital marketing channels serve.
- September 2015 The Great American Home Store has its sites set for future growth in the South — Home Furniture Business Ron Becker was out of the furniture industry when he was called about an opportunity in 2002 in the Memphis, Tenn., market that the 27-year furniture veteran couldn’t pass up.
- December 2014 Retail Success Story: Great American Home Store — Furniture World Magazine Behind every dramatically winning concept, you can be sure to find fixation on focus, an all too rare discipline. Add to that a border-line obsession for thinking/acting both inside and outside of the proverbial box.
- May 2007 Great American Home Store plans to reinvest success in community giving — Memphis Business Journal The Great American Home Store won in the 61-350 employee category of Memphis Business Journal's Small Business Awards
Transparency in Coverage (TiC) Information
Click below to see all of the relevant in-network and allowed amount machine readable files. This information is intended to meet the compliance requirements for the Transparency in Coverage Act. Per that legislation, the following page and these files are designed to be read by machines. Some of these files are very large so download at your own risk.