Because The Great American Home Store is a local business, being able to contribute to the community is one of our greatest blessings.
One of our core values is being a part of our community by not only helping create a house into a home but also to support our community by giving back.
In 2018 and 2019 GAHS staff joined in the Walk With Me, Wish With Me benefit walk held by the Make-A-Wish foundation.
- Every tile has a story...A story of fighting for something bigger than ourselves.
- Fighting for something greater than our dreams.
- Fighting for something more than our differences.
- Fighting for something THAT BRINGS BACK CHILDHOOD to each individual child by helping Make-A-Wish grant one wish at a time.
- Mid-South Food Bank We partnered with Mid-South Food Bank by matching donations made by our generous customer base and collecting food donations. Today you could prevent someone from going hungry by visiting
- Concord Academy Concord Academy is a private, state-approved school for students with learning and social disabilities in grades 6-12. We have been lucky enough to offer internships for students to join our team and shadow our staff in different departments. Bright young people are coming out of Concord Academy and if you are looking to get involved visit their website to learn more.
- Dogs 2nd Chance The Mutt Strut 5K was a great way for us to give back to the four-legged members of our community. There are still canine friends out there that have it ruff, so visit Northgate Animal Hospital to get involved.
- Wolf River Conservancy GAHS cruised the streets in partnership with Wolf River Conservancy raising awareness about alternative transportation and environmental sustainability in 2019. The Wolf River Conservancy has focused on saving the 100-year floodplain from being developed or converted to non-natural and destructive land uses, such as sand and gravel mines. This focus has helped the Conservancy protect approximately 16,000 acres so far.
Desoto Family Theatre
GAHS at the grand opening of Desoto Family Theatre's newest rehearsal location.
GAHS frequently donates furniture for the live productions by Desoto Family Theatre. We love supporting organizations that help provide a bright future for the youth in our community.
DFT is a family organization, and we enjoy the opportunity to be involved with entertainment and arts in Desoto County. Visit Desoto Family Theatre online to see their upcoming productions.
Charities and Organizations
Here’s a list of the charities and organizations we have partnered with and continue to support:
- City of Bartlett Parks and Recreation
- Martha's Manor Day Activity Center
- Blair E Batson Hospital
- Wolf River Conservancy
- Nea Clinic Charitable Foundation
- Books from Birth
- Junior Auxiliary of Desoto County
- Make A Wish Foundation of the Mid‑South
- Jackson Avenue
- AHS Best Buddies
- Mid South Food Bank
- The Samaritans
- Concord Academy
- Safe Harbor Rescue Mission
- Drug-Free Consulting/Walls Police Dept
- Rachel's Kids
- Dogs 2nd Chance
- Faith Baptist Church
- The Sober House
- House of Grace
- St. Agnes Art Department
- Coats for Kids