Pickups are made easy at The Great American Home Store where our focus is ensuring that you can enjoy your new furniture as soon as possible and without worry or complications. Feel the benefit of a streamlined, same-day pickup* so that you can enjoy the comfort of your new sofa or mattress as soon as possible.
Below are all our pickup policies, hours, and locations. Reading through our policies in advance can further ensure that your pickup process is as smooth as possible.
* Same-day pickup only available if merchandise is in stock at the desired pickup location.
How Our Pickup Process Works
At the front counter, an associate will verify your photo ID and the credit card used to make the purchase (if applicable). This is for verification purposes and is required as part of our Card Payer Protection Policy.
Once verified, our associate will then direct you to the area where you can pick up your purchase, and our warehouse associates will bring out your new furniture in the packaging materials for you to pick up. We will supply rope to secure your new products if needed, and will assist you in loading all merchandise into or onto your vehicle.
- We will, upon your request, take any item out of the box for you to look over prior to loading. However, we will not attempt to put the item back into the box and risk damaging it. It is your responsibility to protect the item for loading and transport.
- We will assist you in loading all merchandise.
- We will supply rope. However, you are responsible for tying the load down. Please make sure your merchandise is properly secured in or on your vehicle before leaving the pick-up area.
- We do not assume any liability for damages to either your vehicle or your merchandise.
- If merchandise is damaged on the way home, THE GREAT AMERICAN HOME STORE is not responsible.
- If an item is found to have a manufacturer’s defect during the first 12 months, you are responsible to return the item for repair or replacement, or you can pay a pick-up fee if our delivery service brings the item back.
- We cannot give refunds or take returns on any opened bedding.
- Customer pick-up items will require the customer to assemble the items
- We can only give an estimated availability date for back/special ordered items due to varying manufacturer and shipper lead times.
- Please read the Conditions of Sale information, which you were given at the time of purchase.
- If you opted to pick up your online purchase at one of our two Home Store locations, please visit the sales counter inside the showroom first prior to picking up your merchandise at the on-site warehouse. You will be asked to present your valid photo ID and, if applicable, the credit card used to make the online purchase before going to the pick up area. This is for verification purposes and part of our Card Payer Protection Policy. Please be aware that we will not be able to release any merchandise unless the purchaser's valid photo ID and physical credit card are present.
72-Hour Happiness Guarantee
We do have a 72-hour happiness guarantee. If for any reason you are unhappy with your purchase once you receive it, please contact our customer service right away. Let them know within 72 hours and we would be happy to see if you can return the product or get a refund.
If you do decide to return your purchase, you can return it yourself to our warehouse, or we will be happy to pick it up for a trip charge.
We offer pickup at both our
7171 Appling Farms Pkwy
Memphis, TN 38133
5295 Pepper Chase Dr
Southaven, MS 38671
|Monday||10:00 am - 7:00 pm|
|Tuesdays||10:00 am - 7:00 pm|
|Wednesday||10:00 am - 7:00 pm|
|Thursday||10:00 am - 7:00 pm|
|Friday||10:00 am - 7:00 pm|
|Saturday||10:00 am - 7:00 pm|
|Sunday||12:00 pm - 5:00 pm|
Where do I go to pick up my furniture?
If you opted to pick up your online purchase at one of our two Home Store locations, please visit the sales counter inside the showroom first prior to picking up your merchandise at the on-site warehouse. You will be asked to present your valid photo ID and, if applicable, the credit card used to make the online purchase before going to the pick up area for verification purposes. You will then be directed to visit our warehouse pick up area.
Our warehouses are located at both Great American Home Store locations in Memphis, TN and Southaven, MS. In most cases, you can pickup your furniture there. If you’re not sure, contact the store you purchased from or your salesperson. You can
Can I get an item assembled if I'm picking it up?
If you would like to pick up and item but want us to assemble it, there is a $40 charge per collection/set of merchandise for assembly. You will be responsible for returning the item to the store if it is damaged and needs repair/replacement once you take possession of it.
This is why our delivery service is a great value. We will assemble all furniture for you and bring it to your home, setting it up in the room of your choice. This takes all the hassle out of getting your furniture in-home and ready to use the day you get it.
Does Great American offer curbside delivery or pick up?
Curbside Pickup: Great American does not currently offer curbside pickup at our on-site warehouses.
Curbside Delivery: Great American does not currently offer curbside delivery. Many items come packed in boxes and require assembly, or must be unpackaged and assembled with care and know-how. Great American currently only offers white glove delivery to our customers to ensure that your furniture is protected and assembled properly so that you can enjoy a stress-free delivery experience.
What if I placed an online order but can't come pick up myself?
If you placed an online order but are not able to be present at the time of pick up, please note the name of your pick up party on the digital form that you will receive once your order has been processed. Your designated pick up party will be required to have a your valid photo ID, the credit card used to make the online purchase and a copy of the invoice you receive from us once your order has been processed. Please note that we will not be able to release any merchandise unless the purchaser's valid photo ID and credit card are presented. This is for verification purposes and is part of our Card Payer Protection Policy.
We are not able to release any merchandise to third party courier or shipping services.
If I purchase now, can I set up delivery or pick up for some time later in future, say two months later?
We will hold items for a maximum of 30 days, so please set deliveries within 30 days of your purchase date.
How soon can an item be picked up if it is in stock in your warehouse?
If the item is not in stock at the desired warehouse, they can be picked up within 1-2 business days. In these cases, merchandise may need to be transferred from one of our local warehouse locations to another so it can be available at your desired pick up location. Once the merchandise is available at the warehouse you'd like to pick up from, simply give us a call at least 30 minutes prior to your arrival so we can prepare the merchandise.